Dr. Paula Maria Nelson
American Board of Dermatology – Board Certified
American Board of Dermatopathology -Board Certified
M.D., University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, USA
M.S. Ed., University of Pennsylvania School of Graduate Education, USA
Expertise is in:
- Filler injections (Restylane, Juvederm, Perlane, Radiesse, Belotero, Perfecta, Teosyal) for defined lips and cheeks, to treat wrinkles and nasolabial folds, and hand rejuvenation etc.
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Botox (for Brow lift, wrinkles, excessive sweating)
- Mesotherapy (for hair loss and rejuvenation)
- Brow Lifts and Liquid Facelifts
- Laser surgery (rejuvenation, to treat scars, wrinkles and pigmentation etc)
- Platelet Rich Plasma (for hair loss and rejuvenation)
- Thread lifting
- Skin tightening by Thermage and Cutera
Medical and Surgical Dermatology (Adult and pediatric)
- Cosmetic and Skin cancer surgery
- Hair loss (Genetic,Autoimmune, and Stress related)
- Acne and Acne Scarring
- Mole and Cyst Removal
Dr. Paula Nelson is an American Board-Certified Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist. She earned her medical degree from the prestigious Ivy League University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. She completed her internship at Cornell University-The New York Hospital and she served as the Chief Resident at Barnes Hospital at Washington University. After her Dermatopathology fellowship, Dr. Nelson was an Assistant Professor and the Director of Dermatopathology at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.
Dr. Nelson has extensive experience in cosmetic dermatology and surgery. She has trained in Mohs Micrographic Surgery performing over 10,000 surgical excisions and over 2,000 advanced cases requiring detailed cosmetic surgery repair. She has worked in United States of America for over 20 years and has valuable insight and experience into the treatment of all skin disorders and enhancement of the skin. Her experience and continuous training allows her patients to have access to the latest and most advanced treatment protocols from the USA.
Over the years, Dr. Nelson has served as a consultant at various hospitals in the USA. She is an active member of many prestigious Associations such as the American Academy of Dermatology, American Society of Dermatologic Surgery, and American Society of Dermatopathology. In addition, she has over 20 publications to her name.
What sets Dr. Nelson apart is her positive passion to provide the solutions for her patients and educating herself about the most current and advanced techniques. Dr. Nelson is honored to bring her USA experience to the United Arab Emirates, and considers it a privilege to become a part of her patient’s healthcare team to help them achieve healthy and youthful skin.