MPT, Senior Physiotherapist
Mr. Roy Thomas has gained experience in the acute medical/surgical wards of several government hospitals in Abu Dhabi and India. He has 16 years experience in orthopaedics in both a hospital and outpatient settings. Roy has significant experience in biomechanical and postural analysis and exercise prescription for sport injury, repetitive strain injuries, mechanical and degenerative neck and back injuries.
He has broad knowledge of braces and splints available in rehabilitation program. Roy has a special interest in sports injuries, work ergonomics, postural correction, and biomechanical evaluation and their follow up.
- Graduated in 1995 from Christian Medical College, Vellore, India-Gold medalist.
- 2 ½ years worked in mission hospital in India as Junior Physiotherapist.
- 8 years in various government hospitals in Abu Dhabi.
- Lead Physiotherapist for many international visiting professors for the rehab of pre and post operated cases- spinal, hand reconstructive surgeries, sports injuries and Arthroplasty
- 2007 Completed Master in Physiotherapy from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, India.
- Special interests include ankle, knee, hips, and groin. Neck and back pain. Shoulders. Post operative shoulder, knees, hip, and ankles.
- Swiss Ball Training
- Orthopedic Manual Therapy
- In 2008, started the Physiotherapy department in Canadian Medical Centre, Abu Dhabi and is still working as Lead Physiotherapist.