Area of Expertise:
• Managed to establish and set up physiotherapy department and its all needed equipment, assessment forms, departmental policies and procedures along with scope of physiotherapy practice.
• Fulfilled the responsibilities of a physiotherapist in an out-patient and in-patient setting.
• Provided detail oriented evaluation and differential diagnoses for musculoskeletal resulting from sprains, strains, overuse, trauma and orthopedic surgeries.
• Provided evaluations and treatment plans for a variety of acute, sub-acute, and chronic musculoskeletal diagnoses including tendonitis, bursitis, impingement syndromes, fractures, local or referred pain, post-surgical rehabilitation of shoulder, elbow, hand, hip, knee, foot, and spinal conditions.
• Rendered evaluation and progressive rehabilitation to a variety of neurological cases such as CVA, TIA, MS, and ALS, Parkinson’s disease, Gillian Barrie Syndrome, paraplegia, tetra or quadriplegia resulting from trauma, TBI and so forth.
Bachelor of Science, Major in Physiotherapy Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS May 1999
Member of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association.
Member of the Canadian Multiple Sclerosis Society.
Completed a research project investigating the effect of chair height on timed up and go test.
Recipient of Saint Mary’s University Achievement Scholarship.
Languages: Arab – English